Published in Bangkok Airways Magazine – Huvafen Fushi Resort
I don’t know why, but I still get a kick out of seeing my work in print. Especially when the design team produces such a great layout.
The article is about Huvafen Fushi resort in the Maldives and some of the unique design aspects of it. The images I produced in a quick day-a-half visit earlier in the year.
I won’t lie to you – Huvafen Fushi resort is one of my favourite resorts in the Maldives (and no, I don’t get paid to say that!).
Why you might ask?
Well, here are a few things that I love about the place:
1. I proposed to my wife in a private overwater plunge pool looking out over the ocean on a postcard perfect day back in 2006 (read: strong emotional connection).
2. Everything about the resort, from the overwater bungalows to the infinity pool, to the shaded lounge on the beach, to the hammocks under the tree are just right (read: the ying-yang of Huvafen is spot on).
3. Huvafen is big enough not to feel crowded and small enough to feel totally secluded (read: perfect sized tropical island resort).
4. The staff are just good, friendly people who don’t mind having a chat (read: approachable).
5. The food at any of the three restaurants is amazing. Ditto for the service.
And last of all, Huvafen Fushi Resort is about 35-minutes by speed boat transfer from Male’ International Airport, yet the resorts location makes you feel like you are in a remote corner of the Maldives. It just doesn’t get much better than that.